• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 help

rckddy

NAXJA Forum User
hi there need some help i have got a 94 xj with a ax15 2wd. and im making it into a 4x4 im running propane so doing away with all my computer and stuff. but not sure how the aw4 works does it use a stand alone computer or the eng. computer. needing to know how to make it work when i install it. its a 94 aw4 if that helps any thanks

how are you running propane on a fuel injected motor? To my knowlege i have never been able to find a kit to do this with? in fact the only companies that make them specifically state they dont and will not make them for fuel injected motors. would love some more info if ya got it, as it would an interesting swap in trail only rig

im building mine buy scratch but you can look at (gotpropane.com)they have a kit out its 800 or so.you haft to do away with all the injectors wiring and and sensors change you dist. to a hei from a chevy inline 6 or buy one from bui which is a hei allready made to go into a jeep 4.0. its not hard or its not for me i work for a company that builds natural gas eng. which is allmost the same as propane so all my parts were free (lol)

yeah thats way too much work for me, when i was looking just for shits and giggles i was only looking for a kit specifically for fuel injected motors. anyways good luck.

As for the tranny try http://radesignsproducts.com/default.aspx they make a rail shifter thats pretty cool and i believe can be run as a stand alone shifter. email him and he will tell you anything you need to know.

Back