• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has Anyone Tried This Winch

i havent tried it but it looks like a superwinch

That looks like a Raymart winch and I bet money it is. I have had a Raymart for 2 years now and it works well. Pulled me out 4 times today and didnt miss a beat. It is slower than others, but it pulls. Just my $.02

I got mine off of ebay for $160 shipped fyi

there were three or four guys running these last weekend. I think they got them from Sams club but they seemed to work fine. One fo the stuff on in the spool out mode, but the solenoid got stuck. Paule said if the power connection aren't good then the 12v solenoids can stick. A whack with a rock stopped it. Another club member had his hooke dup to his axle and was using it all day long and it worked fine, used it ones to winch his rg and it never had a problem.

Milemarkers tend to be crap. I don't like the new superwinch series either. I would take one fo the old husky series though.

90Pioneer said:
Just save an extra $125 and get a Warn

Looks like that was Canadian dollars, so you'd have to save more than that.

That Costco stuff seems to be a bit overpriced don't it? I was looking at a US location and at a particular piece of furniture we saw yesterday. In the store it was 399.95(high end furniture store, I just went in to use the bathroom), Costco price was 699.00 delivered. It only weighs 28 pounds so delivery is not all that value adding.

Carefull with the Superwinch comments, thier Ep series is outstanding
and customer service goes beyond that.

We had a small issue with one last week, the brush retainers turned
out to be installed backwards.....while the winch still worked fine,
it was loud.......being local, it was run over to Superwinch and more
or less diagnosed and fixed on the spot......not just fixed, the entire
section or outter core was replaced with new.....tracking began with
the old parts as it went up stairs with the R&D dept. to find out why/
how this happened.....

The customer, never saying this to any rep at Superwinch, happened
to be a major ATV dealer from the other side of the state who bolts
Warn products to ATV's everyday......after getting the service he
recieved from Superwinch, he stated he's dropping Warn products and
is going to pick up Superwinch due to the outstanding service.....he's
more or less had service issues with Warn in the past, this type of thing
he said would have taken 3 weeks on the phone back-n-forth dealing
with Warn.......He left Superwinch VERY impressed.

How do I know all this? I sold him the Superwinch Ep series winch, I, needless
to say am just as happy as my customer.....who just happens to be a vendor
for another winch company.......

If you invest in a winch, someday you're going to want it serviced. Buy a
Major name brand, there are alot of 100% import winch'es entering the
market, they arrive label free with areas for your own name/label available,
but....who's going to service it?

nice, is that the new series, the EP? I've not heard anything about them except saw one housign cracked in half. Thats pretty good service though, definatly a plus.

I think you can get them at Sams club for about 300, the M8000 is another 300. I don't know. I usually get name brand stuff but it's $$$ and the low price is tempting.

Don't understand why you would get one of those when you can get a Tabor winch which is made by warn for almost the same price. I'll take a proven name like warn any day over some off brand costco series. When your jeep is stuck up to the axles and you absolutly need a winch, the $25 difference between that and a tabor is not going to be worth it. Just my opinion though

, is that the new series, the EP? I've not heard anything about them except saw one housign cracked in half. Thats pretty good service though, definatly a plus.

The Ep/Epi series has been out for 2+ years, they're nothing new.
As far as a SW broken in half, I've read this once before, never a picture
actually produced.....? I for one have snapped the cable on a 9k during a
bad pull, another I sold one to snapped the cable on a very bad pull....but
nothing broken in half.......Best of my knowledge as of last week, their
repair dept dosent have a hole lot to do, yet SW cant keep up with the
demand sometimes........the Ep/Epi series ROCK!

I guess what I wanted to add to this topic was......customer service &
warranty work....who's going to do it on these imports?? Is it infact a
one time buy to save a few bucks? Im talking the Raymart/Champion
deals.......

considering it comes with a multi-mount its a pretty good deal. if I recall correctly it is $350 without the mount.

I know a few guys who run them with no problem. One guy baked his by stalling it on a hard pull. He just took it back to Costco and they gave him a new one, no questions asked.

ahh, that price is canadian, didn't say anything on the page. sorry about that, you probably didn't understand the ocean front property in arizona thing then.... my fault, I stand corrected. Then for what that winch costs I'd say it couldn't hurt, it if gives you trouble, find another use for it thats a little less important and buy a warn..

90Pioneer said:
Just save an extra $125 and get a Warn

I agree. some things you just got to do right the first time.

...BOB

Back