• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soo.. anxious?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
am i the only one that cant wait for our first good snow up in the hills?
I've never had a 4wd in the winter. Im stoked for the end of october.. thats when it normally starts. Im trying to get both my jeeps ready over the next month or so! who's in for a decent wheelin trip when the time comes?
:roll:

Snow wheeling is overrated - severly limits where you can go and the sights you can see.. the enjoyment of driving around in the snow quickly dissipates as you get angry at the hidden and more frequent potholes under the snow caused by melting snow..not to mention the joy of going sideways around every corner potholes or not because of your non-selectable locker.

but that's just my opinion.

Kinslayer said:
Snow wheeling is overrated - severly limits where you can go and the sights you can see.. the enjoyment of driving around in the snow quickly dissipates as you get angry at the hidden and more frequent potholes under the snow caused by melting snow..not to mention the joy of going sideways around every corner potholes or not because of your non-selectable locker.

but that's just my opinion.

Well said.

I am hoping for a Long Indian Summer. Crap... it just melted a month or so ago. I enjoy the sloppy, muddy fall wheeling in TSF... I would like to get my New Rig built up and break it a few times before the snow comes..

I do enjoy the Christmas tree run. Its fun. But I can wait until december.

I am ready for some snow! I love the beautiful landscape of white. Yes, I understand snow blocks areas, but if you go before the snow gets crazy or find new ways there; then its all fun.

Kinslayer said:
Snow wheeling is overrated - severly limits where you can go and the sights you can see...
You're on crack! Snow wheeling rocks!

Cimg3867.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

Check out our annual Hypothermia Run

CIMG0891.jpg

CIMG0923.jpg

Maybe you're just not doing it right...? :dunno:

-----Matt-----

Never done it, but from what Ive heard its an absolute blast. My rig will be well capable by then so Im definately looking forward to a little snow to hit (or lots :looney:). I dont know about the rest of you, but my snowboard and new outerwear are staring me down evertime I go in the garage. If Im not riding the snow in my Jeep, Ill be on my board shreddin.

P.S. Great pics Matt. Getting me even more excited. I love the one with your old XJ in it.

-Lyle

I am getting excited, granted with open diffs snow wheeling was not as much fun last year. But getting stuck is half the fun, now that I have lockers and real tires I cannot wait for the hypothermia run. Last years was a one of the best times I have had wheeling/ camping.

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
I am getting excited, granted with open diffs snow wheeling was not as much fun last year. But getting stuck is half the fun, now that I have lockers and real tires I cannot wait for the hypothermia run. Last years was a one of the best times I have had wheeling/ camping.

-Alex

X'2! I am pumped to just point my Jeep in a direction and let it go that way with the lockers!! Its gonna be the shit.

Keil

Okay i am in on a Hypothermia run! I hope to have everything done by then.. 33s and a front locker atleast!

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
Thanks, glad you like them. Click the link or search "hypothermia run" for lots more.

-----Matt-----

Looks like a really good time. Definately down for a little snow camping, whether I have to bum a ride or not with open/open on my rig.

IXNAYXJ said:
Thanks, glad you like them. Click the link or search "hypothermia run" for lots more.

-----Matt-----

Trying to get locked up and re-geared before christmas for this very reason!
:rolleyes:

~Scott

I'm glad to see that we have more than just NW Scott and I on here looking forward to this! I can't wait even with my Lowrider nature and open diffs. NW Scott will understand my Lowrider code name...LOL!

:gee:

Yeah, I'm really hoping to go up to Timmothy Lake and possibly High Rock with the first snow, just enough for it to be fun and the scenery to be great.
Oh, and there WILL be another "christmas tree run" this year. Though, not too many people got trees... :)

nightfoam said:
Yeah, I'm really hoping to go up to Timmothy Lake and possibly High Rock with the first snow, just enough for it to be fun and the scenery to be great.
Oh, and there WILL be another "christmas tree run" this year. Though, not too many people got trees... :)

I am waiting this year, to get a tree during the run. I already had one last time.

Winter/snow wheeling is by far my favorite time to wheel. The snow pack we got last winter was awesome, October-June. I'm really hoping we get hit hard again this winter.

P1010003.jpg

I actually went to TSF that weekend too.

Ba-Riedo said:
Open diff rigs kinda bring the suck in the snow Lyle, but at the same time its a great learning experience, digging is fun right Matt?

-Alex

I figured the same thing. I may be able to get my rig locked up by then, but I have to do all the other stuff first. If not, Ill work on my hitchhikers thumb.

-Lyle

I am thinking about buying a Aussie locker for the front. will that be a noticeable upgrade for this winter?

nw-xj-scott said:
I am thinking about buying a Aussie locker for the front. will that be a noticeable upgrade for this winter?

Yes and no. How much do you use your jeep in 4wd on the road in light snow and ice? Deep snow it will be great, shallow snow and ice it willl throw you around a little bit.

-Alex

Back