• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock cherokee tire capacity

vozo112

NAXJA Forum User
what is the maximum tire size i can get under a stock 98 cherokee sport? I am looking at maxxis bighorn 265/75/16 and i really dont want to trim the fenders. i had a cherokee with a 4.5 inch lift and 32x12.5 and there was still serious rubbing. if these wont fit, what is the smallest lift i can do to avoid rubbing with these tires? thanks chris

235/75R15 or the 16" equivalent.

265/75R16 is effectively a 31.6x10.4" tire - too big to fit stock and avoid rubbing although you might be able to get them under a 3" lift.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

30's definitely or 31's should fit with not to bad of issues on a dd but off road they will rub. If you go 31 I would do atleast a 2" budget boost, but preferably 3". If you bump stop accordingly/correctly you will not (should not) get the rubbing

on my 99 XJ sport I can fit 225/75R/15 that is as big as I've gone and that leaves me enough room for travel and my leaf springs aren't that great so at least height was your 16 i would think would fit

235/75x15" & 30/9.50x15" fit my totally stock 95 with no rubbing. Any bigger & you should avoid speed bumps & steep driveways. I've seen 31"s fit with trimming & bumpstops but they will rub on the lcas with stock wheels. Of course my 31"s on TJ wheels rub my lcas w/3 1/2" of lift. Someday I'll shim the stops & cure it. 235s look good on stock rigs, much better than 215s.

Back