• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guess my mph?

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
I know there is a calculator in here somewhere. I recently put in a 8.25 chrysler rear end with 456 gears in my 89 with 5speed ba10 peugot tran. Before i had 3.07 gears with the stock speedo gear tooth in the tranny. I havent got a chance to put one in, can someone tell me how fast i need to be going to be at 60mph on my speedo?

Somewhere around ludicrous speed should get you where you want to be. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I recently watched Spaceballs.

I could be totaly off here, but my calculations come to 89mph.

idk about that far off. Ive drove it on the road. Bout 70mph 75mph on the speedo seems like 60mph realistically. Idk guess i have to follow someone.

here's the quick math.

4.56-3.07= 1.49/3.07=48.53% less speed than your speedo is showing. Increase tire size and that number goes down. stock tires would mean that your speedo would have to show 89mph for you to be going 60.

well i guess i have a different tooth in there. I followed my brother and at 60mph i was going 67mph so sure. thanks for the help. 31's n 456s

Back