• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has a APN Header?

#1-1 month

#2-Heck yes! Beats all the money for a stock one or a Banks...seems to run just fine. I put my bigger tires on the same time I put on the header so I couldn't tell ya if it made a power diff or not...

I did search, found some install stuff, and people who had just ordered one or has just put it on and liked it, but not a specific thread of those that already have em and have held up or those that have installed and had to replace.

I'm going to end up buyong one from APN because not many others offer the warranty as well as "performance" they appear to have. My stock just cracked so I've been all over Ebay and here to see whos tops. APN looks like they win

Red97XJ said:
I did search, found some install stuff, and people who had just ordered one or has just put it on and liked it, but not a specific thread of those that already have em and have held up or those that have installed and had to replace.

Did you miss this thread?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94281&highlight=apn+header

it mentions a few guys that have them and have installed them with no problems...

it's cheap enough that you really can't go wrong...

oh and yes I have one...

although it's not installed yet I can say it doesn't have any shitty welds or look like crap.

I've got one... pulled the head and replaced the exhaust with the APN... I also used headerwrap on it.... The bolt on cylinder 4 would SUCK to replace while on the Jeep... was tough with the head off...

[iimg]http://www.sija.org/robs/jee1.jpg[/img]
[iimg]http://www.sija.org/robs/jee2.jpg[/img]

I've got one... pulled the head and replaced the exhaust with the APN... I also used headerwrap on it.... The bolt on cylinder 4 would SUCK to replace while on the Jeep... was tough with the head off...

jee1.jpg

jee2.jpg

I've had mine on for about 1.5 months. So far so good and would recommend to someone looking for something to replace the OE manifold. Depends on the money you want to spend, but for the price I think the APN works well.

i have an apn header, took about 5 hours total to install. it works nice and i just had to do some minor clearancing with a grinder on the flanges between the intake ports and the header ports. no biggie. have a grinder on hand, have some copper permatex spray and you will be good to go. i used antiseize on the bolts and just check torque each few months. no biggie. all bolts can be reached from the front , remove the PS pump and set it all aside. you can reach all but the farthese back from here.

best of all, have a great time.

apn headers are decent for the price. just make sure the intake and exhaust flanges slide freely between one another before attempting to assemble. i should have done this and made room before it wasted an extra hour. no need to remove the FI rail all you have to do is unplug everything.

if i can do it, anyone can.

a comparison:
47b6d929b3127cce8b4c199ea9ed00000016108AbNGzFqzYuS

removing the intake portion:
47b6d929b3127cce8b4c19a928ea00000016108AbNGzFqzYuS

old manifold left to remove:
47b6d929b3127cce8b4c199128d200000016108AbNGzFqzYuS

after removal of intake and exhaust:
47b6d929b3127cce8b4c199ca9ef00000016108AbNGzFqzYuS

needed some more room:
47b6d929b3127cce8b4c199b28d800000026108AbNGzFqzYuS

a little clearancing on the manifold too:
47b6d929b3127cce8b4c1e25e9cd00000026108AbNGzFqzYuS

smooth sailing after that.

Last edited:
I just installed one along with a 2000 intake on my 95. Real easy, no modifcations, and I think it was actually easier then when I put the Banks on my 96, also with a 2000 intake. This was only done 2 weeks ago so I have no meaningful numbers yet.

--Matt

this is a blackface thread, when you are installing the lower bolts towards the firewall you'll be on your back sweating and cursing. then crap will be falling south on your face. massage it around and you'll have blackface. similar to that of someone changing a rear main seal on a 4.0.

its fun.

here is an example:

gan.jpg

Back