• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG KM2

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running 265x75x16 BFG KOs. I am thinking of getting some of the BFG KM2s but have noticed that that size is now E load rated. I wasnt real happy that the KOs wernt available in C load rated but now the new KM2s are E load rated. I wonder why BFG are going to stiffer and stiffer tires. Maybe I should but a set of 15" rims and get 32x11.5x15 assuming that I want to stay with 32" tyres.

I have also noticed that the new KM2s sizes in general tend to be quiet wide and require 17 or 18" rims which are rarer and more expensive. Seems like BFG are aiming they tyres at a different market now, maybe a more street orientated crowd.

265/75r16 is common to 3/4 and 1 ton pickups, which is probably why they increased the load rating. From what I have seen, many offroaders are going to 17" & 18" wheels. For a company to survive and be profitable they must adapt to the market.

BFG has released 33x12.5 15's KM2. They are at Discount America Tire.
I bet the other sizes are soon to follow.

Also 285-75 16in. is about 33x11. That tire has been around for a while in the KM2.

:clap::clap::clap:

agent98 said:
BFG has released 33x12.5 15's KM2. They are at Discount America Tire.
I bet the other sizes are soon to follow.

Also 285-75 16in. is about 33x11. That tire has been around for a while in the KM2.

:clap::clap::clap:

I checked 4 wheel parts yesterday, and the 33s are $201 each. Not too bad, but the 35s were $198. Doesn't quite seem right.:huh:

Back