• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SMOG

SANDTRIBE

NAXJA Forum User
MY JEEP XJ 1989 IS IDOLING TO HIGH AND IS RICH...AND THEY WANT MILLION JUST TO FIX IT...ANYONE GOT ANY SOLUTIONS TO MY PROBLEM...THANKS

Take off the CAPS LOCK.

How do you know it's running rich?

check your map sensor, your iac, make sure your tps is set right, check for and fix any vacuum leaks, is your exhaust manifold crackes(if so that will make it really rich).

you also have a pm

SANDTRIBE said:
MY JEEP XJ 1989 IS IDOLING TO HIGH AND IS RICH...AND THEY WANT MILLION JUST TO FIX IT...ANYONE GOT ANY SOLUTIONS TO MY PROBLEM...THANKS

Idling too high? Clean your IAC motor (on the throttle body. Front side, I believe - it's got a four-wire connector. Carburettor cleaner or acetone and an old toothbrush work wonders - acetone and pipe cleaners work well for the seat in the throttle body.) Also make sure the TPS is still within adjustment - you can search that up here.

Too rich? Three possibles - MAP sensor, IAT sensor, or HEGO sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure, Intake Air Temperature, or Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen.)

The first two are used to generate fuel metering signals, and the last is used in a feedback loop for fine trim. I don't have the data handy (I'm in OKC right now...) but I'm sure someone around here can tell you how to test them - you'll need a DMM (Digital Multi-Meter.)

Back