• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nut Strips for the muffler?

hitchhiker

NAXJA Forum User
Do both of the bolts holding up the rear most exhaust hanger go though the nut strip?

I'm halfway into installing a new hitch, I have the drivers side ready to go with the pull though bolts and square washers from quadratech.

Can I use the 3 square washers to remove the rusted out nut strip on the muffler side too or do I need to get a new nut strip? Theres a bolt for the muffler that is further up from when the hitch mounts, not sure if thats the nut stripe or not that far up.

Quadratech sent me a bunch of hardware so I have enough washers at my house already if I can go that route, otherwise I guess I'm looking at buying a new nut strip to replace the rusted out one.

Yes, both bolts are in the nutstrip. A new one would be the way to go. And if you get one, get two and make it real easy. Be sure to use plenty of anti-seize.

You can remove nut strip and use the shoulder bolts square washer no problems.Although nut strip is probaly a better setup.On a side note how do you keep from pushing the bolts back into the frame when installing hitch.

So how would I remount both of the exhaust hanger bolts without the nut strip Jeep Ride? I'll let you know about the bolts pushing in when I get to that step :)

Back