• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting close to that time of year

Almost time to put the summer coupes away and get out the winter beater heeps. :laugh3:
I was thinking of putting a good coat of dark blue or black rust oleum on mine before winter, got new exhaust from the catless down pipe back, a snowbank or 17 took that off last winter. :D
220771_85_full.jpg

avnsteve said:
when the "my heater doesn't work" threads start up again...

And we're not even done with the "My A/C doesn't work" threads.

Thanks for the reminder,
i gotta change my core.
Ive had the new core ALL summer.
I WANT HEAT THIS YEAR!!!

How much of a PITA is a heater core in an XJ?

It's a PITA in almost every car. Prepare to take apart almost the whole dash.

Ive changed them in other cars before, was just wondering if these are worse than "normal".

NOT looking forward to it.

Thought I saw something in my "book" about having to drain the AC to do it......
True?

drifto77 said:
Ive changed them in other cars before, was just wondering if these are worse than "normal".

NOT looking forward to it.

Thought I saw something in my "book" about having to drain the AC to do it......
True?
It is definately a PITA, and yes you have to drain the A\C to do it. Do yourself a huge favor and buy a quality unit. I made the mistake of getting one from NAPA, the next year it started leaking. Not something that you want to do every year. If it's your DD give yourself a full weekend if you want to do it right and you have never done it before. The next time goes a lot quicker.

Back