• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with front end

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
I just was out making sure everything was tight on the front end. So when I was done I kicked the driver side tire. Rattle noise, clank noise. So I turned the wheels to the left and right. Kicked it again. Nothing. Only does it when straight. I don't have a jack right now to get it up, live in an apt. so that can't be done until tomorrow. Any ideas. I just had the ball joints replaced, everything is tight with the suspension. I'm thinking the hub bolt, but I don't have anything that large to get on it. If that is it, what size, and what is the torque for it. Thanks. Juice

this is what made me check it. DW started Monday night. I tightened up the lug nuts. They were loose, thought it was fine until this morning on the highway. So I started checking everything out. And now this. please help. I have to drive it this weekend. Juice

Juice,
If the death wobble starts at 40-50mph, I've heard that you should first verify the tires are balanced, the Trac Arm is strait, tie rods are ok, bushings, etc etc.
There was a thread recently about diagnosing this problem. I am looking for an MJ, and hear this problem is common on them.
Good luck.

well the dw only starts if I hit a bump in the road. What I can understand is the noise from the drivers side tire. I'm going to check everything out on Monday, ball joints and the like. This all just started out of the blue. So I guess I don't have DW. Only acts up when I hit a bump in the road. Any ideas guys, ball joints, hub bolts? Thanks Juice

Back