• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New gauges/new dash

109ace

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 with one major problem, only guages are the speed and fuel. I have the different warning lights and from experience I do know that they work. What I was wondering was if I could just drop in a dash from another 98 with the different gauges on them and if they would work or would I have to install new sensors. Also I dont have a tach. Would everything be there for the tach guage to work if i drop in another stock dash?

Yes, all of the sensors are there on the late model Cherokees. All you need to do is drop in a full cluster. But know that the mileage is stored in the cluster, not the ecu. So even though it is digital, whatever the new cluster is set at is what you get. Unless you take it to a speed shop to be reprogrammed for about $100.

Thats exactly what I did. I had the idiot light cluster and I put the cluster with actual numbers gauges and a tach in and everything worked perfectly. Even if yours doesnt have a tach it is wired for one. (Should be)

Ok, now I just need to find a junkyard that will have them. I have had the paneling out before but not the dash, will the new one just plug in?

Yup, 4 screw holding it in, 2 plugs in the back that just slip right on. Let me know if you need help finding one. There about 6 at my local yard. PM me if you're interested.

Back