• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

McCain does not give a good speech

I thought he communicated well, and I think communication is the main goal of a speech. I think he connected with many people, and that also is a main goal. I hope most people don't simply look at a polished delivery in a speech, though that certainly helps. Just like with Obama, I'd like to see how he plans to go about doing the things he said he wants to do, but I have to agree with most of his goals.

And he's not afraid to say stuff like he wants to do more offshore drilling. If Obama thinks he can get this nation much more energy independant simply by pushing alternative energy he's in la la land.

McCain has never been good at delivering prepared speeches, its not his thing. He likes it off the cuff. I really look forward to the Obama/McCain debates almost as much as I look forward to the Biden/Palin debates. I think we will see Obama squirm.
I think even democrats (the honest ones) will have to admit that theres reason for them to worry now.

Goatman said:
If Obama thinks he can get this nation much more energy independant simply by pushing alternative energy he's in la la land.

Yes but it's what the population of la la land Americans want to hear...:looney:

And he knows this. :party:

McCain may not have much of a sense of humor, as there does not appear to be a lot to laugh about in his life... being beaten and tortured for five years in a Vietnamese prisoner of war camp might even take the sense humor out of me!!

On the other hand, he does have lifetime of public service to his country, both as a military leader and a member of the legislation... not bad credentials in my book....

ehall said:
Luckily it's not a requirement for being president
Yeah, otherwise Obama wouldn't qualify either. That dude could recite the alphabet without a teleprompter. I mean come on, if you're going to say something about one, evaluate the other too.

As for the Palin/Biden debate....lol...Biden is toast. I think Palin will be a different type of VP from what we are used to seeing...and no not because she is a woman.

I was all hyped up on Palin and then listened to McCain speak and got a bad taste in my mouth, especially the part about "government offsetting the difference in lost wages while laid-off employees are being retrained"........I'm mad enough about the whole Fannie May/Freddy Mac bailout BS.

How about we hold the lending institutions responsible for loaning people money who lacked the qualifications to pay it back? Don't try blaming it on a "devalued dollar" because the true root of the problem is greed.

John needs to bring something better to the table than POW stories, which we all know by heart now. I respect and honor the man for the sacrifices that he made for our country, but they cannot be spackled over the current issues that need to be tackled head-on. Listen to the will of the People, and act upon it. That's what I need my candidate to commit to, and then do.

XJEEPER said:
How about we hold the lending institutions responsible for loaning people money who lacked the qualifications to pay it back? Don't try blaming it on a "devalued dollar" because the true root of the problem is greed.

Some mortgage brokers and real estate agents are the car salesman of the housing business. Application fraud ran rapid for years. The lenders are to blame for not checking the data.

JohnJohn said:
Some mortgage brokers and real estate agents are the car salesman of the housing business. Application fraud ran rapid for years. The lenders are to blame for not checking the data.

The lenders are to blame for going broke on property that isnt worth a dam now but the borrowers are to blame for taking out mortgages they cant afford to pay back.

Ray H said:
McCain has never been good at delivering prepared speeches, its not his thing. He likes it off the cuff. I really look forward to the Obama/McCain debates almost as much as I look forward to the Biden/Palin debates. I think we will see Obama squirm.
I think even democrats (the honest ones) will have to admit that theres reason for them to worry now.

Which is why Obama has and continues to join McCain in a "town hall" type speech.

If Obama doesn't have a teleprompter and has to think for himself, he crashes and burns...

Oh wait....thats why he's a Democrat! Cant...think...for...himself...

:roflmao:

JNickel101 said:
Which is why Obama has and continues to join McCain in a "town hall" type speech.

If Obama doesn't have a teleprompter and has to think for himself, he crashes and burns...

Oh wait....thats why he's a Democrat! Cant...think...for...himself...

:roflmao:

hahaha...well if mccains anything like the current administration all we'll here is 9/11 9/11 9/11 terrorist terrorist terrorist axis of evil axis of evil axis of evil :twak:

I dunno, I haven't heard about axis of evil for a while. But terrorism is still an issue, so...it needs to be dealt with.

If Obama is elected, he'll want to bomb our allies, and "negotiate" with known terrorists. Hmmm....

JNickel101 said:
If Obama is elected, he'll want to bomb our allies, and "negotiate" with known terrorists. Hmmm....

read that outloud to yourself...

then...smack your head into your desk for thinking like a complete moron.

im stunned at that statement.

besthaticouldo said:
read that outloud to yourself...

then...smack your head into your desk for thinking like a complete moron.

im stunned at that statement.

My apologies for insinuating that Obama even has a chance at winning...

I should have said:

Thank god Obama won't get elected because he wants to bomb our allies and negotiate with known terrorists.

Sorry about that and thanks for correcting me!

Back