• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 XJ Tuneup

burkemotorcross

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy,

I am about to perform a tuneup on my 97 XJ with the 4.0 I6(plugs, cap, rotor, wires, Air Filter, oil change, coolant flush, rear diff oil change, and transmission fluid change(AX-15) ). I was wondering what else i am missing that needs to be performed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance:wave:

Don't forget front differential as long as you are at it and definitely drain and fill the transfer case; that is about the easiest fluid to change. Can't remember exactly what year they started with the fuel filters integral (inside) the tank but I believe your 97 might be. If that is the case, then it generally is not serviced until symptomatic.

Yeah I forgot about that--mine is an early-1/96-so it has the 49psi rail w/o return, 23.2 injectors(had), and external fuel filter. 1996 was such an odd year as they gradually changed things.

burkemotorcross said:
Howdy,

I am about to perform a tuneup on my 97 XJ with the 4.0 I6(plugs, cap, rotor, wires, Air Filter, oil change, coolant flush, rear diff oil change, and transmission fluid change(AX-15) ). I was wondering what else i am missing that needs to be performed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance:wave:

I recently did all of those.

Back