• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offset D44 from Waggy

dwcjwerfner

NAXJA Forum User
I have a line on a set of waggy 44's I, I know the front's will install on an XJ with new perch's and other stuff but can you use the rear axle as well, I know that it is offset (for the quadratrac??) so I gather it is not really useable in an XJ?

Thanks
Dwayne

prettu sure that TnT customs makes a truss/spring bucket combo that just welds right up to wichever axle you want to stick under your XJ. Check it out. Sa for the rear, should just drop in. Are they full width or the narrows?

go for the front..its a great XJ swap so long as youve got a driver side drop front.

its nowhere close to bolting in, and theres no axle that will bolt in for our cherokees. but its the same width as a stock d30, so thats a starting point

for my waggy 44 front, i bought the truss/mount system from TNT offroad.

it came with coil buckets, ucss, lcas, and truss, all welded together. just set your pinion angle and burn it home.

The offset rear waggy axle isn't offset enough to worry about. Just like if you have a non-CV rear driveshaft, as long as the angels are the same on either end they cancel out....same thing with an offset rear pumpkin.

Are you getting a set that's already setup with for coils??? Cause last I checked no wagoneer (SJ) ever came with coils.

The waggy 44s are great swaps for other jeeps!! I know a few people with waggy axles that beat the piss outa them and love em!! Alloy front shafts and you won't break very often at all!!

mjma said:
The offset rear waggy axle isn't offset enough to worry about. Just like if you have a non-CV rear driveshaft, as long as the angels are the same on either end they cancel out....same thing with an offset rear pumpkin.
Uhmm,not exactly!On a 2 joint shaft,running "compound" angles isnt as bad!But on a DC joint you cant "steer" your pinion(left and right VS up and down) toward the pinion.The 8.8" isnt to bad but IIRC the waggy is way more than that.

Thanks everybody for all the information. Noticed after it was a passenger side drop as well, I guess it is the later models that have the drivers side drop.

dj

Back