• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSLs front Boggers rear???

mjma

NAXJA Forum User
So I've seen a few rigs in magazines and such running boggers rear and TSLs front. I know boggers don't have great lateral traction...but they're great going forward or reverse!

Anyone have any personal experience with this setup?? Is it better suited for other parts of the country?? I just wanted to toss the idea around and get some feedback about how well this setup would work. Oh, and what size bogger in the rear would match up to Q78r15s up front? Thanx for your input!

mjma said:
So I've seen a few rigs in magazines and such running boggers rear and TSLs front. I know boggers don't have great lateral traction...but they're great going forward or reverse!

Anyone have any personal experience with this setup?? Is it better suited for other parts of the country?? I just wanted to toss the idea around and get some feedback about how well this setup would work. Oh, and what size bogger in the rear would match up to Q78r15s up front? Thanx for your input!

This is a typical setup for mud drags... I doubt it will gain you any real benefits unless thats what your into. Just pick 4 of the same and call it a day.

I pictured a redneck chevy mud runner when
I read the title

Yeah, not into mud, just rocks. I've seen pics of jeeps crawling with this setup....oh well. Just wanted to get some feedback.

I like my TSLs....but last weekend I was watching my friends boggers eat some nasty ledges up!! Boggers aren't the ideal rock tire...but in certain situations they sure can kick!

what "size" is the Q78R15? That would be a great set up here in Ohio, and I have seen it done with LTBs and Boggers. It is a great combo in the different types of terrain we have here (mostly mud)

Last edited:
Q78 is 35.5" tall by 10.7" wide. It's an old school tire measurement deal....AFAIK, the only tires in size Q78 that you can get today are bias TSLs...either on a 15 or 16" wheel, and the tire height and width is the same regardless of rim size. AFAIK you can't get SXs or any other TSL style in this size....only the original TSL. Back in the day I'm sure you could have gotten more tires in Q78...but mostly mud/military style tires.

Here in MA I occasionally will play in some mud but for the most part I try to steer clear of it. I'm not into seeing how deep of a mud hole i can sink my jeep into and what I'll destroy by doing so!! I'd much rather roll it than sink it in mud!! And I don't want to roll it!! I like a little mud here and there between rocks to make things more interesting, but I'm by no means into mud bogging.

Last edited:
Back