• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Made my front bumper, need opinions

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
I FINALLY made my front bumper, but I need to figure out a way to close the side gaps nicely and remove the pedestrian slashers...

Any advice is welcome as well as criticism...
pics speak for themselves, I am not totally against chopping up the front sheet metal, it is the only solution I have come up with unfortunately...

:doh:

bumper001.jpg

bumper002.jpg

bumper003.jpg

From the front the ends of the bumper are at a ~45 degree angle or so.

Make the angle ~60-75 degrees and I think it would look ok.

From the top, this means making the distance from the turn signal to where to cut something like 1/3 to 1/2 of what it is now.

Does that make sense?

Make the cap angled to match the lines of the fender and terminate at the flare.

Add a little bit of an angle outwards to approach the flare... don't make it slab sided paralleling the center line of the Jeep.

Or something like that.

:)

its nice and simple. whats the mounting points look like? all i can see is the stock mounting. close in the top and box in the corners to make it safer

hey Jeff,
I'd say...
Cut into the sheet metal straight back from the bumper ends.
Bring the bottom of the flare up to, even with the top of the bumper.
Cut the end of the bumper so that it sticks out about 1" from the body, and add some side protection from the bumper back. Angle the ends side protection up, so it follows the lines of the wheel well/flare.

Looks some beefy, I'll inform my sis'n'law to stay off the sidewalks there until the "slashers" are off!!!!

not stock mounting, I used the halo plates and changed the design a weebit
I used angle on the sides so that it was easier to taper back towards the grill.

Back