• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex knuckle

trailrunner

NAXJA Forum User
whos done it?whatchanges did you make to the trackbar and pittman are?having trouble with bump steer,6in lift,run the hd re tracbar an lowered frame side bracket,original place on the axle end,changed the pittman arm to a yj and it help,do lneed to move the tracbar above the axle?help apriacated sorry no pics,thanks

Talking about this?
frontjeep.jpg

The trackbar has been relocated on the axle side. When that is done properly you will not have bump steer.

The draglink and trackbar should be parallel. Raising one should require raising the other.
I just don't like how these knuckles require using inferior oem brakes. If I'm going to take the time and money to go OTK I might as well do new brakes as well. Hence my choice to do a WJ knuckle swap (pending).

IMO: brakes > OTK steering

law.74 said:
The draglink and trackbar should be parallel. Raising one should require raising the other.
I just don't like how these knuckles require using inferior oem brakes. If I'm going to take the time and money to go OTK I might as well do new brakes as well. Hence my choice to do a WJ knuckle swap (pending).

IMO: brakes > OTK steering

They don't _require_ using OEM brakes, you can use them with the Vanco big brake kits too.

cal said:
They don't _require_ using OEM brakes, you can use them with the Vanco big brake kits too.
wrong word choice. Tera knuckles will work after vanco machines them, right?
SO this would require a $380 knuckle (MSRP), add machining, add vanco's kit. Am I missing something? Is the vanco kit that much better than WJ brakes to warrant the extra expense? edumucate me...

The vanco kit is about equiv in braking to the WJ kit, without all of the custom fab work.

Doing a WJ kit complete with new parts will run about a grand, so its not that far off of Vanco's but with less welding. (just a trackbar)

Vanco usually has a tera knuckle in stock modified too, they aren't going to charge you extra to machine yours. Even if they don't have one in stock, you can order one, have it shipped to van and he'll build a kit on it for you.

law.74 said:
ah yes, using used WJ parts makes for a significantly cheaper upgrade.

I have a rule againt putting used brake parts on (although I've done it a couple times) and I can't see putting used tierod ends onto a machine I beat the way I beat mine. ;)

downhillracer said:
Who makes this otk kit. Those links look beefy.

That looks like a Tera knuckle with Toys by Troy alumiflex steering links.

Back