• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy hockey pucks and fender trim!?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been working on getting my Jeep ready for the PNWJeep.com Meet&Greet and have decided after the shake-down run to trim my fenders. Well I bought myself a grinder and had at it today, now I need some of the door trim people use on their fenders. I've looked around everywhere I can think of but Lowe's (do they have it?) so where do I go? And what exactly do I look for?

In addition to the trim, I decided I should also bump stop a little so I don't eat up what little sheet metal is left of my fenders. I figured I'd try the hockey puck thing, but I can't find any ice ones! All I can find are street ones (not solid rubber...plastic and hollow-ish) so where do you guys get your hockey pucks?

And while we're on the subject, how many should I get? I figured since I cut just about where my fenders were bent from after Evans Creek last weekend, I should only need one hocky puck per side...but am I wrong?

Thanks!

~Scott

I know ebay has it...but I'm looking for something local I can pick-up so I can have it ready for the weekend.

~Scott

I bought fender trim from Autozone last time I got it.
I have also (in the past) got it from NAPA and Shucks.

I don't use hockey pucks. I used a piece of 4x4 cut to the length I wanted to bumpstop (trim the corners so it is sort of round). Much cheaper and adjustable (but you can't add them one at a time so you do have to "pull" your springs).

Michael

Play It Again Sports has used hockey pucks for like a buck each. I found that out after seeing ridiculous logo pucks at Big 5 for like 4-5 bucks each.

fubar XJ said:
Play It Again Sports has used hockey pucks for like a buck each. I found that out after seeing ridiculous logo pucks at Big 5 for like 4-5 bucks each.

Never heard of it...
maybe you could pick 2 up for me and I can pay you back at the M&G?

:heart:

~Scott

Muddy Beast said:
Never heard of it...
maybe you could pick 2 up for me and I can pay you back at the M&G?

:heart:

~Scott

Scott, I have like 6 of them you can have when I pull them out of my jeep next weekend.
-Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
Scott, I have like 6 of them you can have when I pull them out of my jeep next weekend.
-Ryan

Sweet, if you could throw that in with the t-case and gas tank skid that would be sick!

:rolleyes:

~Scott

$1.25 for new @ lynnwood Play it again sports
$1.00 for used @ Lynnwood ice arena

they are both withing 5 blocks of each other

Thanks.
I may pick some up after school...

I got some door trim and paint today, tomorrow I'll put it all on.

~Scott

muddybeast where did u get ur trim?

I got my trim at Schucks. It's door trim...and one box will cover both front fenders.

~Scott

I'll post pics of mine tomorrow probably.
It looks clean. I did want to go the bushwacker route, but now I don't see the point in making my rig look uncool.

:)
~Scott

Oh come on, everyone loves picking up pieces of bushcracker on the trails, and doing hours of bondo work and re-painting their jeep to hide the scars...

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Oh come on, everyone loves picking up pieces of bushcracker on the trails, and doing hours of bondo work and re-painting their jeep to hide the scars...

-Alex

Oh thats right...totally forgot about that. Priceless fun right there.:gee:

In that case, bushwackers all the way. :wierd:

Back