• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire/rim ???

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I am running 34x10.50x15's on 15x7 4" BS crager soft 8's now.

I want to switch to 33x12.50x15 tires....will these tires be safe on my 5x7's?I know 15x8 would be ideal for 12.50's but I just bought these rims not too long ago and would like to reuse them to save some $$$

I understand they'll bulge out more...will they wear funny due to the more narrow rim?
I don't air down so thats not an issue,not worried about losing a bead that way....

What are your thoughts???

My buddy has 33/12.5/R15's on 15x7's and dreams of the day he gets a set of 15x8's, he needs to run them pretty soft (PSI-Wise) to get the tread to sit flat. I would suggest 15x8's for 12.5's

Yeah, people do it all the time but it is far from ideal. I'd probably go 33x10.5 or look for some new wheels.

Well that settles that.....Need to let the rims go with the tires I'm selling.Looks like I'll be buying another set of soft 8's in the 15x8 flavor.
So does 15x8 with 4" BS sound right for 33x12.50x15???Or should I go 3.75 BS?

Thanks for the replies.

I went with 4" BS on mine, I would either go 4" or 4.5" not 3.75"

The lower the number the more they stick out

Back