• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finishing trimmed fenders

109ace

NAXJA Forum User
I have had my fenders trimmed for a while now but I was wondering what everyone did to keep their tires from rubbing on the cut metal at full stuff. I was thinking about getting some rubber molding that I could form to cover the edge but so far I cant find anything that will work. Any suggestions?

Get 4 strips of door ding protectors for 4 bucks at your local auto store. The kind that is shaped like a U, they usually have a glue in that channel that will help them stick on. You are talking about your front fenders right?

walmart has them too

Get some super glue while you're there. The adhesive on the inside sucks. I folded the little "u" open, squirted some super glue along the channel, and then stuck it on. No problems.

I know there is a more industrial type product out there similar to the door ding stuff, but I can never find it. Someone on jeepforums bought it off ebay and it came with a little metal barb way down in the channel so it pretty much locked on to the metal edge that it went on.

sunburned said:
I know there is a more industrial type product out there similar to the door ding stuff, but I can never find it. Someone on jeepforums bought it off ebay and it came with a little metal barb way down in the channel so it pretty much locked on to the metal edge that it went on.
That's what I got, but I can't find it on ebay now.

The ones at Advance Auto Parts are only 27" long (other than the chrome ones)

Back