• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

saweeeet!!

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
The rubicon express 3.5 inch finally arrived for my dads jeep (in good time too, he's been riding on the rear bumps for a while) We went for the superride 3.5 with new leafs, re1600 trac bar and bilsteins all around. Everything came to $1050 taxes in ( good price?) I cannot believe I finally talked my old man into a jeep and then a lift,he's almost retired!! Soon it'll be tires and rims. Will a sye and shaft be required for this size lift? its a 93 4.0 auto. I can give him my old modded front shaft, he just needs a sye/hack and tap.

SYE depends on the year. Some of the older ones handle lift much better. MY 2000 had horrible vibes after the lift. The day I installed the lift I measured for the shaft and ordered the AA SYE and Tom Woods shaft. Now the vibes I had were probably made worse since I shimmed the rear for the SYE the day I did the lift.

I went with the same kit but got the Rubi/JKS hybrid from DPG Offroad. He includes a 3/4" spacer with the lift to level it out and I am still setting at 4.5" front and 5" rear empty.

I just recently put the RE 3.5" Superflex lift on my 98 Cherokee Classic. No transfer case drop or anything and no vibes at all! Very good ride, even with chopped up mud tires! I'm running 31's now, could probably squeeze 32's. 33's would take some trimming of the fenders if I wanted any flex.

As far as your price, I dunno seems kind of high. I got my Superflex kit, which is the next step above the Superride kit you have, for $400 at 4 Wheel Parts (price-matched to get them down, were originally asking close to $600). It's with the add-a-leafs in the rear. I bought a set of Pro Comp ES3000 shocks for $100, so all in $500 and I ended up just taking my sway bars off and sold the Disconnects that came with the lift for $75, so really $425 all in.

Very cool.I always love getting Jeep parts in the mail. I just hate having to wait for them to arrive.

As far as the sye, it really differs from XJ to XJ. You may not need it by installing t-case drop brackets. However, I would plan on installing it just in case you do need it.

E

jeepster_259 said:
As far as your price, I dunno seems kind of high...

Not really, considering he got full leaf packs, bilstein shocks, and a track bar.

bcmaxx - where you get the lift??

E

Elias said:
Not really, considering he got full leaf packs, bilstein shocks, and a track bar.

bcmaxx - where you get the lift??

E

national 4wd centers-langley,b.c.,canada. Really great guys. Didn't feel like dealing with shipping and border/brokerage fee's from the u.s.

they were bilstein 5100's, I'm sure they are entry level bilstiens

Last edited:
I am tossing around the idea of a RE 3.5 superride since its my DD. I am not too worried about extreme flex

Back