• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana44 bearings

Throttle

NAXJA Forum User
I'm wanting to replace my noisy rear Dana44 bearings in my XJ. The 44 is out of an 89 XJ, but I don't know where I can find a bearing kit for this? Anyone have any links on bearing kits for the '89 dana44 axle?

Thanks!

Randys sells nationwide,They have excellent customer service and an incredible redhead in their ad. Fortunately everyone isn't lucky enough to live in the pnw close to Randys I don't know if they ship international though. But you're only a couple of hours away.

Last edited:
The master install kits include the pinion and carrier bearings, but don't include wheel bearings. From the original post I thought he was looking to rebuild a D44, but if it's wheel bearings he's looking for, go online to Napa, that's where I got mine. I handed them to the guys at the shop, they installed my Napa wheel bearings and axle seals and their master rebuild kit, gears were fine, unit is like new.

Mark

The reason why I'm replacing the bearings is because I have a 'Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah' (for the lack of an audio file haha) coming from the back of the truck. I've tried swapping the tires with my A/T 31's and I get the identical noise coming from the back of the truck. hence why I'm thinking its the bearings....

Back