• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What shim do I need for my rear axle?

mgonos

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to modify my 98 xj (auto/231/d35)...
At the end of the day I'm going to be sitting about 4.25" higher than stock, this includes a new bastard pack and a rear shackle being about 1" longer than stock. I'm also doing a hack n tap... My question is what angle shim do I need at the rear axle if any? I know with the sye you want to point the yoke more toward the output on the transfer case, and I know a longer shackle will help point it up a little....

Also, where can you find a shim (or other leaf spring parts such as centering pins/ clips/ etc) locally? Does autozone or napa have these parts in stock? Maybe 4-wheel parts?

Thanks,

mike

4wp parts carries the alum shims from procrap but i wouldnt run em. I would first do the lfit setup without shims then make sure the rear axle's pinion points about 2 degress lower than the driveline. you may not need anything at all. I'm at almost 6" with my 8.25 using no shims and its just right

Also, use the steel shims that bolt into the sping pack. Any good off road shop will stock them. You can buy them direct from Rubicon Express or 4WD Parts, I neglected to mention that earlier.

Back