• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat recommendations?

Camo-5

NAXJA Forum User
The stock seats in my 97 with 180K are very tired (of supporting my fat butt) so it's time to swap in some new ones. Any recommendations for something thats comfortable for a DD and offers a little more support than the stockers? As mentioned before, I'm not the slimmest guy around the waist, so verticle walls in the thigh area are not going to be too comfy. Cost is a factor, so no $500 per recommendations please!

Go to a JY and get some seats out of a Grand Cherokee. They will bolt right in using your existing seat sliders, but you will lose the power option on the seats. They will still work manually though, just like your seats now. If you can find some power XJ seat bases out of a limited, then you can have power seats too... I did it in my XJ, and they are SUPER comfy, and as an added bonus, you can change the rear seat out too and still have matching seats. Only rear downside is if you have a 2 door, like I do, the seats don't hinge forward like the XJ seats, so if anything larger than an 8 year old child or dog tries to get in the back, well....you get the picture...LOL Here's a pic...

010.jpg

008.jpg

garage pro from JC whitney? those look nice. i'm looking at getting a set of those one day this year. but you'll need to fab up a bracket.

I found some sweet Grand Cherokee seats locally from an 07. Would they also be a direct fit?

From what all I read before I did my swap, all seats out of the grand's will bolt right onto the XJ seat sliders. I don't think the rear seat will fit though. Not 100% on that, but I think they are too wide. Take a tape measure and find out!

If I ever get new seats, they will be Corbeaus. Had em in my Mustang and they are very comfortable. Their offroad suspension seats are pretty cheap for what you get. Less than $200 a piece I believe. Brackets are pricey, but dealers will usually give you a great deal on them. I got A4's in suede shipped to my house with brackets for $800 and the seats are usually $350 a piece.

I read somewhere that mazda miata seats have speakers in the headrests.
That would definitely be nice if you run doorless or tub doors. But I don't know how comfy or size accommodating they are but if I can find some and manage to wedge my big ass in the car to try them out I'll let you know.

userbmx1315 said:
garage pro from JC whitney? those look nice. i'm looking at getting a set of those one day this year. but you'll need to fab up a bracket.

Very easy to fab the brackets, did mine in one day..I'm 6'1 and 260... I like the ride they give.. not hard or to soft

Back