• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Places to buy steel?

CanMan

NAXJA Forum User
I have always bought steel at this place in Fife, I think its called Floyds(have never really paid attention to the name), near Tacome Harley Davidson, on 99(?The main drag through Fife, on the same side as Camping world?).

Anyways, what other places are there around to buy steel at? Id like to find some better prices if possible(probably won't happen, but what the hell).

Thanks!

Might be a little bit north for you but if tube (sq or round) EMJ in Kent is the place. The are always cheaper IMExperiance. If you want plate try Specialty metals there are pretty competive, also in Kent both in adjacent to 212th.

EMJ info
22011 76th Ave South
Kent, WA 98032
Phone: (253) 872 - 0100
Fax: (253) 872 - 8552

Last edited:
T&A-XJ said:
Might be a little bit north for you but if tube (sq or round) EMJ in Kent is the place. The are always cheaper IMExperiance. If you want plate try Specialty metals there are pretty competive, also in Kent both in adjacent to 212th.

Thanks, Ill have to check them out. Just down here in Auburn/Pacific.

If you want cheap try a couple of steel recycling yards. We have one up here and it is 30 cents a pound. But selection can be slim.

Anybody have any placed in the south sound?

I need some diamond plate.

Thanks
Jason

XJCasper said:

Thanks
Jason

I know Lowes sells sheets, at least the one in Federal Way does. They aren't super big, but big enough for a project.

I need some 2x3x3/16" tubing for sliders, some 1.5"x.120 wall round, and some 1x2x3/16", and a 1x12'x1/8" peice of flat stock. 2x5x3/16" for a new rear bumper too.

Just a few projects I have in mind.

XJCasper said:

Thanks
Jason

Capitol industrial is where i get the diamond plate for work. It is in the mottmon industrial park.

I always hit up Floyds there in Fife too, There's a place in Bremerton called Navy Metals or Navy Steel I forget. They sell new and recycled. If you're going to Tahuya on the Noob run, I can show you where it is. Dunno if they're open on the weekends, but if they are, I'm sure I can haul it around for you on my sexy new trailer. Maybe call PIW (Precision Iron Works) I don't know if they sell retail, but I know they buy a lot of steel. They also do Cryo treatment on anything and everything. (Cool stuff) They're out of Puyallup. I think there's also Seattle steel. Never been there but heard good things.

Northwest Steel & Pipe Inc
3736 South Tacoma Way

I buy most of the steel I use at work and for personal projects here. They have everything you might need. They also do saw cutting, shearing, burning, cnc plasma cutting etc. It's a large distributor of steel and pipe so you can't always walk in and get something small cut while you wait. You can sometimes get deals on rems but they shut down their surplus yard where the good deals were.
Steve

Back