• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to cleanly permanantly relocate flares?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am very good at trimming flares and never thought of this till now. My 99 is going to stay my DD and become more mild, thinking 2" BB with trimmed flares and rubi wheels/tires should look good. Thing is for my "street Jeep" I'd like to put my stock painted flares back on. I know they will have to be trimmed and will (obviously) be 1.5"-2" higher than stock flares, but whats the best may to get them mounted?

Also I still have my bumper end caps and would like to put the rears back on so I plan to trim off the front where it fits flush to my wider wheelwells, but my brackets are gone. So whats the best way to get them back on? All I can think of is long screws and paint the heads on them black to match.

There was a thread a few months ago with some guy that did it, i think it was "53Guy" but not positive. It ended up with a really clean look and not too hard. He did a writeup and all. Search for something like 'relocating stock fender flare writeup" I believe.

Anyone else remember?

Chris

That's one, but there was another one, I think a black XJ with about 5-6" lift that did it and turned out well.

Chris

Heres a pic of how it looks right now:

P1010047.jpg

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
Yea I'm in the same boat as you. I did the cut and fold in the rear and only have that small lip. I've been trying to figure out how to reattach the rear flares.
-Matt

i used the cut and fold method on my 95 and relocated stock flares. i just used self tapping screws through the factory holes in the flare into the sheetmetal above the pinch seam. it was quite difficult to get to some of them so i had to predrill and use a socket wrench on the top bolts. position your flare and secure with masking tape before you drill and look at how it looks both from the outside of the flare and also examine the back to make sure you have a good surface to mount it.

i still have to touch up some of the black paint

driversidefinishedad7.jpg

hth
stewie

There are no factory holes in 97+ flares though.

I was very pleased with how my relocated flares turned out. I relocated them directly to the trashcan :).

BlueCuda said:
I was very pleased with how my relocated flares turned out. I relocated them directly to the trashcan :).

Umm yeah me too, but I want them back on for my Jeep now.

hint hint they sell better with them on;)

Starscream918 said:
If not, I'd think that 4 rear TJ flares would do nicely.

Think thats my only choice to keep it simple

Back