• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sorry, Mud tire question

snowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a 33x12.5x15 mt to replace my BFG 32x11.5x15 at. Its only off roaded a few times a year but is driven a lot in the winter in snow. There is a new local drirt drag i would like to play at. I have see good things about maxis bighorns and wildcat ext's. $800.00 max installed, shipped if needed, and tax included. If you need more info let me know, thanks in advance for your time.

Have you looked at the BFG MT KM2? The extra siping should make it a better tire in snow and rain than the KM is. Don't know how much a 33x12.5x15 is going to be, 4 Wheel Parts has them listed for $380 each(mis-print?), but a 33x10.5 for $186 and a 35x12.5x15 for $211.

go bighorns, theyre the best tire for the money hands down. They have a good name behind them (Maxxis), last a good amount of time, yet are still soft. Great in mud because of having a lot of space between the outter lugs, also have a paddle-like outter design similar to the trepadors, theyre also factory siped and do great on rocks. Idk how loud they are though, or side wall strength but they shouldnt be too bad. $150 each for new 35x1`2.50xr15 tires

I'm looking at the Kumho KL71. They are pretty cheap compared to BFG and other manufacturers and the tread looks really nice. I've read quite a few reviews on em and everyone liked them.

I got these the other day from Summit. Cheap as hell, and are supposed to be awesome in the ice/snow, and mud. Interco TrXus 33.12.50 R15. Just another option.

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

~James

Just picked up a set of hankook tr03 muds took them out over the weekend in what we call mud out here and they did great only had to use 4wd once or twice they cleaned really well just give it some gas Ill let you know how they do in the rocks as soon as it cools off a bit or I get my fan clutch replaced...
themud
ps at 11 pounds they retained most of their height and still road well at higher speeds(hopefully it means good sidewalls)...
rewiews to follow..

I've been running my 33x12.5x15 bighorns for over a year now and they wear INCREDIBLY well. I drive my Jeep every day. So they have seen a LOT of street time. They also perform incredibly well off road, on rocks as well as mud. They are very good in mud as someone else posted above, the space between side lugs is very good. They clean themselves very nicely. I don't even need 4WD in snow using these tires.

Edit: to answer the loudness on the road -- They are actually the quietest compared to all other mud tires I've seen.

the bighorns really are a big hit it seems, i personally ran a set of truxus tires for a while, and i did like time alot. they were tough tires, did very well in all conditions, and wore pretty well too. they weren't outrageously loud, but after all, it is a mud terrain. about the maxxis tires, i'm currently running a set of creepy crawlers, and although they're not at all what you're in the market for, i can say that maxxis does seem to make a very high quality tire for a very reasonable price. i would personally suggest either the truxus or bighorn, i think they would both suit your needs/desires in a tire...good luck, and let us know what you choose :)

...on a side note, i personally HATE bfg mt's...i can't remember how many of those sidewalls i've seen slashed on the most mild of trails, its unbeliveable. some people love them, to each his own, but in my experience they've got a thumbs down...

Back