• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00' fenders on a 91'

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
i recently got a light bar that goes in place of my bumper. and rather than have the bottom part of my fenders get crush and not look all pretty. i need to get rid of it, but im not sure about cutting my 91's front fenders, and was thinking if i could come across two front fenders from a 00' era that would resolve my issue of horrible cutting skills.

so basicly im wondering if 00' era front fenders fit on a 91'?

Should work, but if you're going to go through that much trouble you might as well do the 97+ header too.

:cheers: Rumor has it that the header panel bolts up differently. The body lines look the same to me. I think they can be made to work, people use late headers on early rigs all the time. Try it & post a thread. If it doesn't work, blame me but at least we'll know.

If you do the 97+ fenders you have to do the 97+ header or things won't align or line up.

Cutting a straight line about 8" long isn't hard!

3" pneumatic cutoff or a cutoff wheel on a grinder will work just fine! Even a hack saw would do I suppose, or a jig saw....I prefer cutting wheels though.

i have a reciprocating saw w/hack blade on it. i could always see if my AG teacher would let me butcher my DD in the schools shop. but i was thinking of having a set of orig. fenders for when i need my jeep to look a bit prettier.

xcm said:
pls tell me you are a female

no, im a guy....
not only do i have a really bad habit up cutting upwards, down and anything in between. but i guess i just am different from other wheelers when i say that i dont want to be driving a beat to hell POS thats covered in mud. thats like saying have a set of m/t's for wheeling trips, and a set of a/t's for dd, and the weekend warrior stuff is a dumb idea....

yea, i get its not a big deal.

i am in the same boat as u as cutting a straight line, i will lay out the lines with tape and follow he line, i always leave a litttle extra then clean it up with a grinder, u will do a fine job if u take your time, with a user name as swamprat i wouldnt think purdy would matter

xcm said:
pls tell me you are a female
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

An air nibbler will make a nice straight line in about 5 seconds. Then put a little door edge moulding on it.

First, nothing wrong with a good looking ride.

The newer fenders will work, but not with the old header panel. The conversion needs a different cross member piece that covers the radiator. but other than that just be ready to spend a couple days getting it to line up with your doors and hood.
PM - muddygp for pics, or help he did it to his 94.

The best bet is do what I did.
Take the sawzall and cut it, BUT not where you want it , Give your self 2 or 3 inches of extra.
then strike your line where you want it.
take a hammer and a flat head screw driver or chisel and score a line where you want to cut it.
then bend the left over up behind the fender.
if you take your time you will have a very clean, not sharp and painful to touch edge that is strong and will not bend or flop around when it gets hit.
if you wanted to make it really good, take the fender off and use an anvil or body block and tap the crease tight it would look really good.
ALSO spray some touch up paint on it to make it not rust.... I hate rust....
good luck.

dinorl007 said:
with a user name as swamprat i wouldnt think purdy would matter
lol, i had an old atv that i modified for mudding, and i pretty much lived in the swamp cause all my friends couldn't get out there in the atvs.

as for the cutting issue, im going to thank muduck18 for making my realize that i could still have crappy cutting skills and fold it in a straight line. well the jeep is getting some work done. then i'll get around to doing this

thanks again, and what not lol:yelclap:

Back