• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford radius arm extensions / fabrication

32lugnuts

NAXJA Forum User
here's a brief description of what i'm working around:
ford hp d44 w/ chevy 8 lug outers
locked f/r, 5.13's
ff d60
38.5 tsl sx/bogger combo

http://www.rocdogfab.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=4&Itemid=26

i got the above kit a couple weeks ago from Roc Dog Fab and it's already been welded on and painted. now my radius arm brackets no longer fit except for immediately behind the stock crossmember location on the "frame." (brackets will fit over the "frame", bolted and welded on for strength and sleeved to prevent crushing) This means i need to extend my radius arms. i'd like to anyway...

i've heard from many people that the stone crusher radius arm extenders are very strong and the actual radius arm would fail before the extender.

those are pictured here:
http://www.stonecrushersteering.com/OTHER_PRODUCTS.html

i can't decide if i want to try the extenders or have my stock ford radius arms extended. what are the options on ways to extend these arms?
are they cast?

i can't find many aftermarket radius arms for a 70-79 ford. most of them are 1980+... and the ones i can find are $700+ and look as if they won't really help my turning radius all that much. i know dick cepek has some great ones but they're for 1980+ as well.

ideas welcome.

I've got a set of radius arms I bought from a guy, they measure 48 1/2", which will put the mounts right where yours will be: to far back. Mine are going to hit my tranny pan at full stuff. Twisted Customs is where the extensions are from, they're made from solid stock and screw onto the ford arms then weld on and use a female 1.25" hiem on the end. They're extremely stout, but the radius arms themselves are not. You'll want to get some C-channel and reinforce the bottom, kind of make a giant skid for them. If I were to do it over again, which I probably will, I'd get some tubing and extend them myself and use a male 1.25 hiem. I also wouldn't make them 48.5" long, more like 36-38" max.

does anyone know where i can get some decent radius arms for a 77 f150? all the ones i see are for 1980+

are the stock arms cast?

I've got a set, the stock arms are cast steel. I've also got a set of extended ones I'm looking to get rid of.

yes sir I am and no sir I don't. I can get some pics to you tomorrow if you want. Which ones did you want, the extended ones or stock ones?

Back