• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes while turning

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
3.5" RE lift
32" Tires 4" backspacing
Aussie up front
Stock steering except for RE tracbar

Alright, so this has been going on for a while now...while going very slow and turning I get vibrations from the front end. I can't figure out what it is..ujoints are fine, steering linkage is fine from what i can tell as well. also just replaced the wheel bearings, so thats not it either. anyone have any other ideas as to what could be causing this or what I should check out? could the locker cause this if it was not installed correctly? i dont think i messed up on the install..which was Jan. of this year...but i guess its a possibility. i've never been in any wrecks or anything and also haven't really been rough on the jeep offroad. so i just don't know...any help?

thanks.

Last edited:
Do you have real aggressive tires? I gave my Maxis Bighorns to my son and went back to an all terrain tire because of the low speed vibration while turning. It will be especially bad if you have a locker & no locking hubs, but large lugged tires just do this. Of course if you are locked in the front without hubs that will cause your axles to bind regardless of tire design.

Yeah it seems like that would be it...because I don't know what else could be causing it. Everything else seems fine. My tires aren't that aggressive, but they are a mud terrain. Kumho MT. Also, as the tires wear more isn't it normal for them to cause more vibes? I don't recall the vibes when the tires had more tread..

If they are cupped, even a little bit that will agravate the problem. Give rotating your tires a try, the rears probably won't be cupped or at least not as bad. If it helps the problem it's a cheap or even free fix.

the side bitters on mud terrains make extra noise while turning.... for exampple, when i drive long, curvy canyon roads... you come to a stop, and your ears are ringing! not so on straight, or mostly straight highways

Back