• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44??

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
Will a dana 44 from an 06 unlimited fit under an xj. I know the mounting and stuff will need to changed I am just wondering if it will fit.
Thanx cardboard

cardboard said:
Will a dana 44 from an 06 unlimited fit under an xj. I know the mounting and stuff will need to changed I am just wondering if it will fit.
Thanx cardboard

unlimited wrangler?

if its a TJ it will be drop in if it's a front, if its a rear you'll need to put spring perches on it a take off the control arm mounts.

If its a JK you'll have to put your own brackets on it front or rear.

Width wisw they are both pretty much stock give or take an inch, so no issues there.

yea its an 06 unlimited wrangler. One of the guys in my local club has it for sale. Its a dana 44 rear with 373 gears disc brakes and limited slip. Came out of a jeep with very few miles. He also has a lock rite he says he will throw in, along with the stock driveshaft. $450.00 seems pretty fair.
Cradboard

cardboard said:
yea its an 06 unlimited wrangler. One of the guys in my local club has it for sale. Its a dana 44 rear with 373 gears disc brakes and limited slip. Came out of a jeep with very few miles. He also has a lock rite he says he will throw in, along with the stock driveshaft. $450.00 seems pretty fair.
Cradboard

450 aint bad but you will have to get a new carrier if you want to put the lock right in, limited slip carrier won't work, might as well upgrade the gears while you are at it if you get a new carrier.

Back