• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ac compressor getting Hot

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
So my Ac has been squealing for a while, its not the belt Im 99.9% sure of that. It seems like its the clutch thats causing all the noise, I never run the Ac and have just been putting it off($$$).

The other day I noticed after driving that the compressor was Very hot, not enough to burn me but still not something you could touch. Even after sitting in the garage for 6+ hours the compressor and the hoses were still noticeably Warm.

Could the compressor be on the edge of seizing up? Maybe low on oil? It blows cold air the last time I checked. I put some 134 in a few months back before summer using a single gauge setup.

I plan to check the pressure tomorrow again with just the single gauge as its all I have. Is there anything I should look for besides that? Would low oil cause the squeal and heat? Too much 134 pressure causing the heat? Should I run the AC and feel for a temp change on the comp. or hoses?

Back