• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

giant intake filter adapter...

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
i am trying to adapt a k&n filter from a gmc 454 that has a 3.75" ID to a rusty's intake tube that has an OD of 3". i bought this filter on eGay for only $1.25 and wanted to finish this little project on the cheap. i could use a silicone intercooler reducer but i thought exhaust pipe would be much cheaper. only problem is an exhaust pipe reducer the has a 3.75" opening is an odd size. dont want to pay an exhaust shop to make it either.

anyone know of a great exhaust pipe supply site that has everything?

ordered the silicone. figured i would need more room so i also bought an elbow reducer to eliminate the stock ribbed elbow. it will be much shorter to accommodate the space bigger filter will need to fit in there and will reduce turbulence into the throttle body.

ended up spending over $40 with shipping so i could use this $1.25 filter.

i doubt this filter will flow any better than my 9" k&n but it will sure look cool as all hell. ill post up a pic after install.

Back