• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ steering setup with drop pitman arm?

gorman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of doing the WJ knuckle swap with all the required steering setup changes. Seeing that I'll be fabbing a new mount onto the frame trackbar bracket as well as the OTK trackbar bracket on the axle side, I have the opportunity the "adjust" the trackbar to virtually any angle I'd like. Is there anybody that runs a dropped pitman arm (from a ZJ or similar) together with the WJ setup. I thought doing that would give a very nice close to parrallel draglink setup and I can match my trackbar angle with that during the fabbing of the brackets. Would you guys consider this or would a dropped pitman arm together with the flipped TREs and draglink end be an overkill? I'm running a 6" lift.

It was over kill on mine. 6.5" springs with 1" spacers/shackles.

I put in a D-44 with high steer, moved the track bar frame side bracket aft 2 inches, and made an over the axle track bar mount. The 4 inch drop pitman arm was too much. Swapped it out for a stock arm.

I didn't need it, but I did use a Waggy pitman arm to make my turning radius better. It is slightly longer than stock, putting the DL back to the correct angles.

I used a stock pitman arm with mine as well.

Back