• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid leaf bushing

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
why would my new re leaf bushing do this??:
2.jpg

I only changed the leaf packs, my previous rear lift was fine?My plan is to unbolt it re-press it somehow and tack weld the bushing to the spring,re-install. thoughts?

I'd dimple the hell out of it with a punch & use a C-clamp or a ball joint tool to press it back in. NO,NO, on welding it to the spring! Dimpling it with a punch will create a little more interference for the press fit making it tighter. An old shade tree fix.

Do not weld to leaf springs, a fracture will start from the tack.
When I've had a bushing creep, I've pressed it out, cleaned the bushing and spring eye (wire brush and contact cleaner) and coated both with red locktite and pressed them back together, no creep since. Old Man Emu and two Rubicon sets.

RobertF said:
Do not weld to leaf springs, a fracture will start from the tack.
When I've had a bushing creep, I've pressed it out, cleaned the bushing and spring eye (wire brush and contact cleaner) and coated both with red locktite and pressed them back together, no creep since. Old Man Emu and two Rubicon sets.

X2.

I think I'll drop the front of the spring do the dimple thing and red loctite- The stuff we use on valve guides in alum. heads. Thanks!!

Back