• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any experience with HF/MM winch

Nuke Proof

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any experience with a Harborfreight winch(9 or 10k)? I know they are made by the same chinese company that makes MileMarker's electric winches, but that doesn't mean they're any good.

I know there is going to be a couple of people who are going to say something about "Chinese crap, I have a warn, buy that or save your money and get a T max."

I know Warn, T max, and Superwinch are good companies and are always going to be better. However, my question is if anyone has experience with the Harbor freight winch. I use a 3000 lb HF winch on my trailer and if I double it, it will pull any rolling deadload I have. I've used for about a year now with the only failure being the switch.

Thanks guys.

I'm not sure if they are exactly the same but I have a 9000# Mile Marker that I bought in 2006 and the only Prob. I have had is a small amount of oil leak out of the drum. I had a Warn 9000 and of course some things are better, but for the money I cant complain about the Mile Marker.

I had a Mile Marker and my buddy with a TJ has a Harbor Freight. Both are identical to my eyes and work well. I never had a problem with my mile marker. My only complaint was the line speed, VERY SLOW compared to a warn. We used his Harbor Freight many times last Sunday and it didn't struggle. For the money I say go for either.

Thank you, that was exactly what I wanted to know.

HF is having a sale in Fresno for the 10k. It's $469 with an extra 15% off with a coupon. To me even if the line pull is slow it is worth saving $500 over the Warn.

darincraft said:
Does anyone have any experience with a Harborfreight winch(9 or 10k)? I know they are made by the same chinese company that makes MileMarker's electric winches, but that doesn't mean they're any good.

I know there is going to be a couple of people who are going to say something about "Chinese crap, I have a warn, buy that or save your money and get a T max."

I know Warn, T max, and Superwinch are good companies and are always going to be better. However, my question is if anyone has experience with the Harbor freight winch. I use a 3000 lb HF winch on my trailer and if I double it, it will pull any rolling deadload I have. I've used for about a year now with the only failure being the switch.

Thanks guys.

T-Max is the same as the others you mentioned. ;) Get the HF one with their extended warranty. :roll:

I have the Chicago 8000lb from HF,slow line pull, but saved my ass many times. Even winched out a buried fullsize on 44's! My rear hitch was strapped to a tree and it was raining. What a fun night.

Nope, no one has ever used them....especially not me...

Back