• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Brake calipers?

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a dual piston caliper for my fronts Dana 44 that I am building. It has chevy flat top knuckles and caliper brackets so I'm going to need a chevy caliper. Does anyone know of a dual piston caliper (stock or aftermarket) that I could use for this. I am also trying to stay with a 15" wheel.

bump

Jes said:
I've been plenty happy with my $27 single piston cheapos. They ain't bling though...

I'm was just thinking while I was at it I might as well upgrade the brakes but at that price me thinks that doesn't need to happen.

WaXJ_Skier said:
I'm was just thinking while I was at it I might as well upgrade the brakes but at that price me thinks that doesn't need to happen.

Nah dude, even my single Ford pistons are enough to keep the 37s from rolling with the 4:1. They're all bigger than the stock XJunk anyway. :) You're doing rear disc anyway, right?

ECKSJAY said:
Nah dude, even my single Ford pistons are enough to keep the 37s from rolling with the 4:1. They're all bigger than the stock XJunk anyway. :) You're doing rear disc anyway, right?

yeah I'm probably doing a zj swap redrilling the rotors and grabbing some dual bolt pattern shafts.

Back