• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar swap questions..

4byfour

NAXJA Forum User
Newbee here attempting first TB replacment. 3 questions if you please :
1 - Do I have to raise and support, or can it be done with wheels on ground?
2 - If I have to jack it up, should front suspension be loaded or unloaded?
3- Front wheels on or off ?
Seems pretty straight forward, I've read LOTS of horror stories on here though in my searchs. Any Sage advice would be appreciated.
It's a 2000 / 114k bone stock with a TRW going back on I guess.
Thanks in advance....You guys are a tremendious comfort to us new jeep owners trying to wrench em ourselves !!:cheers:

You can do it with the wheels on and the vehicle on the ground, unless you're also replacing the tracbar body side bracket and find it easier to access the bracket bolts by removing the driver's side front wheel.

Blaine B. said:
You can do it with the wheels on and the vehicle on the ground, unless you're also replacing the tracbar body side bracket and find it easier to access the bracket bolts by removing the driver's side front wheel.
i did all of it on the ground. it is easy to reach up and bounce the vehicle up and down to get everything to line up when it is supporting it's own weight.

Like the others, I replaced mine on the ground. Nothing to it.

Have someone move your steering wheel for you to aid in lining up the holes on the trackbar to install bolts.

Back