• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power windows: auto button for all windows

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if it was possible or if anyone has wired the other three windows in their jeep to be able to go all the way down with one push of the button like the front driver side has the ability to do.

TIA

Thats a pretty good idea, tho i know with the poor conductors already in place,
It would be slooooowww unless you used the power from the switch to activate the relay and pull the power from an alternate source. Totally doable.
I might steal that idea from you.....

Wallymander said:
Thats a pretty good idea, tho i know with the poor conductors already in place,
It would be slooooowww unless you used the power from the switch to activate the relay and pull the power from an alternate source. Totally doable.
I might steal that idea from you.....

Well, if you do please let me know how you did it and everyone else :)

I drove a h2 sut the other day at work and it had a button for all five (lf, rf, lr, rr,and rear) to go up and down at the same time. I thought that was some pretty trick shit the first coupla times I hit that button.

JeepFreak21 said:
For sure! Why don't they come like that from the factory? My WK does it on the front two, but not the back two.
Billy

I would guess it was a child safety issue. Keep kids from getting their head stuck in the window when dad hit the old "auto" button without looking first.

bump, 5-90, yo have any thoughts on this?

I put power windows in my MJ using aftermarket regulators (Electric Life), two OEM switches on the drivers door, and a single switch on the passenger door. I wired it so one drivers side switch lowers both windows; the other switch operates only the right window. The single switch on the passenger side operates only the right window.

Starboard M said:
Its only auto down, not up.

True but on the H2 That I mention it was both. Lets not forget that there is a circuit breaker on the power window circuits so that when the window gets to the top the breaker opens so the motor and wiring don't get fried from pulling to many amps. So I'd imagine there is a built in safety feature so that if someone did manage to get something caught in there (obviously other than their neck) it would pop the breaker open before any damage could be done (such as breaking a bone).

Back