• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep jamboree rocker guards?

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone seen/used these? Goto www.jeepjamboreeusa.com and click the 'gear' tab, then look under Rock Rails.

They show a general drawing, but nothing specific. They look more like guards from the drawing then rails. Im wondering even if well designed and mounted will these hold up to mild offroading? I wouldnt expect them to hold up to hard slams, but general abuse. I know it is nieve but one would think Jeep Jamboree would sell a quality part.......at least for their level of use (mild offroading).

I have been thinking of getting some rocker protection for my DD/Weekend Warrior 98. What other options is there in this price range 180-200? Something that can scrape across rocks, logs, and jack on if neccessary....I wont be bouncing off anything.

Thanks!

fordtech said:
Anyone seen/used these? Goto www.jeepjamboreeusa.com and click the 'gear' tab, then look under Rock Rails.

They show a general drawing, but nothing specific. They look more like guards from the drawing then rails. Im wondering even if well designed and mounted will these hold up to mild offroading? I wouldnt expect them to hold up to hard slams, but general abuse. I know it is nieve but one would think Jeep Jamboree would sell a quality part.......at least for their level of use (mild offroading).

I have been thinking of getting some rocker protection for my DD/Weekend Warrior 98. What other options is there in this price range 180-200? Something that can scrape across rocks, logs, and jack on if neccessary....I wont be bouncing off anything.

Thanks!
Look at the RockRatz rails (www.rockratz.com). They are very similar if not the same. The rails would hold up alright, but if you spend alot of time in the rocks, go ahead and just get full rock rails. I'd recommend something from AJ (www.ajsoffroadarmor.com).

ya, the rockratz look like the same idea... but at 260....I'll pass.

I totally forgot AJ's great products and his prices are better than I remember.... that might be the answer...thanks!

the rock rats or the jeep jamboree ones both pale in comparison to AJs and similar like JCR. Ajs Extended 2x2 Rockrails at 1/8" are only $35 bucks more than those gay jeep jamboree ones. Just come up with atleat $35 but i would go for overkill 3/16 at only $185. Thats a steal compared to what you would get for $135 jeep jamboree. Last thing your rust prone rockers need is for you to drill holes in them for what amounts to a surface mount skid. YUCK!

They dont even show them fitted in the right place in the diagram. Since when do you fit rocker guards to the doors?

Seems like an awful lot of money for what your getting, esspecially the rock rats ones!! $260 for rolled sheet steel?? Is it gold plated? If your heart is set on them get yourself a little strip of thin ally, roll it to the proper shape and take it to a metal working place and have them duplicate it for you out of steel for 1/4 the price.

motorcity - the jeep jambo ones are 180 for the xj, but I agree for the same 180 I can get some real rails from AJ.

Gojeep - Thats what Im sayin, a real picture on the vehicle would be nice.

pony - I dont have my heart set on that style by any means. I do like guards alittle better than rails, but rails are much more functional.

I think Im going with the basic AJ's rails.

Back