• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moved from Tech.....

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK, sorry for the delayed response time....I was out all weekend stripping the new rig down to the bone.

Pulled the engine, and the bores still have original cross-hatching. I'll be taking it to the machine shop next Friday for a hot tank, magnaflux, and a bore check. I believe it will clean up with a .010 bore, which will be great for cooling the beast.

Further details for Dr. Dyno and Ed.

I run 4.88's, 35's and an NV4500. This puts me at 2700 RPM on long runs to JV, or other exotic destinations. So the cam needs to have decent midrange.

I had calculated my CR at 9.06 to compression with a .010 head shave and a .028 block deck (maybe vice-versa, don't have the sheet in fornt of me), and a .052 head gasket. Pistons are forged Venolia units and the rods are Eagle forged pieces. Both are available from XJ junkie, of this board, for around 500 for the set with ARP studs on the rods.

CRASH

Back