• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hmmmm what do ya think

Wallymander

NAXJA Forum User
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/car/764561328.html

I went and looked at this xj today, Windshield needs replacing asap, its a little rougher on the inside. (Missing AC vent, couple broken items) Brakes allmost gone.needs a head gasket kit. Owner said the brakes werent bad until it sat for a year. electric windows dont work. (expected, not a shocker)
Engine is strong, tilt column has been replaced. It would be an excellent trail rig. Needs about 3-400 bucks to make it good on the street, not including labor.
Im looking for either a stocker or something with minor mods to use as an after noon run around and a weekend bike hauler/ minor wheeler.
I think i might pass it by, or offer 700 mabye?
Thoughts?

Oh yeah, i didnt include the cost itll take to get some rims and tires. so mabye 350 or so for some used 31" tires and rims.

Offer him $200 and you'll pay for the towing. Rebuilt engine with a bad head gasket? What else? The words "money pit" come to mind.

With that said, I've probably got $5K into my $2500 1997 that I bought earlier this year. I keep telling myself I'm almost done, and then..... But it's a daily driver that's paid for so I keep it and smile.

Mark

mfascuba said:
Offer him $200 and you'll pay for the towing. Rebuilt engine with a bad head gasket? What else? The words "money pit" come to mind.

With that said, I've probably got $5K into my $2500 1997 that I bought earlier this year. I keep telling myself I'm almost done, and then..... But it's a daily driver that's paid for so I keep it and smile.

Mark
Well when i said it needed a head gasket kit, i meant because it needs an intake/exhaust gasket and i was going to do the whole thing while the intake/exhaust is off.
Money pit is pretty much another term for most of what we have though, yes?
I think ill pass on it for now.

I would be concerned with the bushcracker install. My buddy has a 96, and aside from color and wheel choice, it looks just like that- until you look underneath, and see that he cut almost the entire pinch seam out completely (beer + crappy instructions [some of the pictures illustrating precisely where to trim weren't even a Cherokee- WTF Bushwacker, are you really that halfassed
?]= hackjob)

It looks good, but it's got issues now- ones I wouldn't want in a DD or even a weekend trailrig.

Back