• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oem airbox

cscdirt

NAXJA Forum User
I am curious as to what is the little round thing that two vaccum lines plug into on the back side of the air box on a 1990 Cherokee Laredo. The dealer says they quit making them, I forgot to ask what it is and if I actually need it, Please help.:gonnablow

I dont have access to my vaccuum chart, but if you look on the vaccuum line chart under the hood it should show you what they are for.

I think my buddy had one on his renix. I'd trace the lines back to see where they come from, and use your judgment as to what you do from there (remove lines and cap, leave them alone, etc).

That was pretty much my thoughts. I just figured through out the question and see if anyone else had a better idea. Thanks again!

I have those on mine, but I have not played with them since I solved my vacuum issues. IIRC disconnecting the small one closest to the fender and plugging it caused the engine to choke and pop with an intake backfire when I blipped the throttle, so I hooked it back up and never messed with it again. I would love to know what the function of them is! If no one can let us in on it, I will do some investigating and post it back up here.

Back