• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

could this be CPS sensor

308turbo

NAXJA Forum User
not sure if this is the right spot for this but..

got my jeep stolen last week got it back and now it does not stay running......92 XJ 4.0 .....it cranks up and sputters and dies...it got fuel pressure the pumps have been changed acouple months ago and just acouple week ago i had the same problem and it was the ballest resister that went bad....now when i got it back i put a new one of those in again but it still aint runnin....does this sound like crank position sensor???

thanks robbie

I recently had an issue on my 97 where no matter what i did the jeep would not start. I began with hard starting, two or three long attempts then it just quit starting (actually it quit running a block from home and would not start again). It would crank, I had fuel pressure etc.

so I began with a new coil, cap and rotor (it needed them anyway). Still no spark anywhere along the chain. I began to suspect the CPS but for some reason I didn't think that was it so I kept poking around.

In my case it turned out it was the ASD Relay (Automatic Shut Down??? whatever that means) was bad. I replaced the relay and all is now right with the world.

Back