• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a radiator shop

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
First I actually need advice. I have two small holes on the engine side of my radiator. They only leak during high heat times so I'm guessing they're quite small. I'm wondering if I should try getting it patched or repaired or if I should just get it replaced.
If replacement is my best option, where should I go? I was recommended a place in Beaverton (who's name I dont' actually know) I can drive my jeep now but if I drive too much it'll get hot enough to start spraying. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Sorry if this should be elsewhere, I'm just really hoping for local advice.

Check the cost of a new radiator first. As much as I hate to say it: call around. Ask about warranty and quality. Repairing a radiator often tends to be more expensive than replacing one these days.

Sounds like a good reason for a get to gether, we can all stand around and play foreman while you replace your radiator. :)

Seriously though, I would be willing to help you replace it. I was surprised at how quickly you can get to the radiator in an XJ.

Eh, I've already replaced it once (three weeks ago) jck-off on craigslist SWORE UP AND DOWN it was perfect. Soon as its running, coolant spraying all over the engine, on the street, coming out the sides of the hood. UGLY UGLY UGLY. :(
After talking to some blokes down at Jeepers, who were giving advice knowing they wouldn't be getting the work, I'll be pulling it at a friends shop in OC and taking it to Mac's to repair or replace it. We also found a broken motor mount today :( so we'll be replacing that as well. Thanks for the help offer, you may get a message asking for advice haha.
BTW, I went back to the guys house with a friend and convinced him to give me some money back.

I paid a shop to do it because of lack of time before hunting trip last year. It's really easy to do yourself and do you motor mounts while you have it out.

Back