• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Insulation Liner

SuperRoo

NAXJA Forum User
I recently had the old girl resprayed and I was looking at the Liner under the hood and noticed (for the uptenth time) it hangs off around the edges, and looks damn awful like that.

Does any one know what type of cloth it is?

The actual insulation is in very good shape, so I thought I might just replace the fabric...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1988 Cherokee Laredo, 4.0L, Auto, 4WD...

take it off you don't need it XJ's run hot anyways

SuperRoo said:
I recently had the old girl resprayed and I was looking at the Liner under the hood and noticed (for the uptenth time) it hangs off around the edges, and looks damn awful like that.

Does any one know what type of cloth it is?

The actual insulation is in very good shape, so I thought I might just replace the fabric...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're wanting to insulate why not just use a spray/roll on bedliner that wouldn't flake apart again?

I thought someone may say remove it:shhh: I'm lucky (touch wood!) I don't have an overheating problem and the temp is just perfect. Since the backing foam is in excellent condition I thought I'd just recover it for a small outlay. Only thing is I'm not sure what type of cloth it is, but thought someone on here may have attempted it in the past...

Well, if you weren't across the pond I'd say just replace it but I don't know if they ship internationally. You could try some spray adhesive but I don't know if it will hold up to the temps. (Dang! I don't know jack for this thread!)

Saudade said:
Well, if you weren't across the pond I'd say just replace it but I don't know if they ship internationally. You could try some spray adhesive but I don't know if it will hold up to the temps. (Dang! I don't know jack for this thread!)

:) no worries. They do ship across to here as i've used them before, but they can be expensive just for one small item since they send everything via courier- why somethings cannot be popped into a padded envelope and dropped in the post beats me, but I digress.
I didn't really want to spend too much on it, just enough for cloth and adhesive. It reminds me of when I did the headlining last year, but I'm guessing only easier...

Another thing you could use is dynamat that's designed for firewall and tranny tunnels. They're made to withstand high heat, and deaden sound, other than that take it off with/without it you shouldn't notice any difference in temps.

Back