• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 dr chop

XJCOASTIE

NAXJA Forum User
i know this looks awsome and im close to dropping everthin i have into doing the chop but im wondering what kind of renforcements are needed to keep from flexing the unibody.??

100_1841.jpg

DSCN0820.jpg

Might want to add a bar on the inside right infront of the back "hatch". And maybe also the "bed rails" might need some support.

atleast for cosmetic reasons and so no one gets cut on the sheet metal.

It looks good! I haven't even seen some one down exactly like that. its ussually only the 4 doors that get a buzz, I like what I see. Do you have anymore pics?

:guitar: rock on!

Pretty sweet XJ.:spin1:

Go threw a vender and get some TNT frame stinners. Since that newer hatch is welded solid all around that stiffend up the roof some more. What do you plan to put in the back of yours? I put my gas tank up there and threw my spare back there. Oh and notice the rear window is not glass. Theres a good chance it could break during this build.

100_2369.jpg

100_2365.jpg

As for more pics check here...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=963674

Last edited:
Im sure a cage really would'nt hurt the structure at all and if you wheel then it really is cheap insurance against totalling your rig or yourself easily. You could do a mild cage inside the cab and extend it out to the bed and do a sweet tire mont and some shock hoops to get some sweet high speed handling and great rear articulation.

I already had a cage in mine before I cut it up. I did add some diagonal bars to strengthen the bedsides though as they were a bit flimsy without them.
standard.jpg

im looking to keep the back as free a possible.. but still want to keep the frame and everything else stiff.. jes i like your bed side stiffener rails in the back.. my rig is a 98 2dr.. so it will look a little different im also thinking about getting a second hatch and making a tailgate since i already have a rear bumper tire carrier from an older stock XJ.. what if i run a tubing style cage inside the bedsides to keep it out of the way..

Yup sure did. plexi

i really dig the plexi and tube work - i might need to borrow the plexi idea b/c i have moved my rear hatch up in my 4 door chop - i have some HD clear vinyl but it flaps and leaks

Take your time when doing it. And try and do it when its warm out. I did mine in the cold and when the sun hit it and heated it, it bubbled in some places.

cool idea with the back window but i think it looks funny the way u have it. i am leaving the back open and using a yj roll bar behind the back seats. then i can use a yj wind jammer to block off the cab if need be. i do like the xj though... reminds me of mine.. (not yet done)
100_1020.jpg

Back