• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown Vic Disk Brake Conversion

rws

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of installing rear disk brake off a 1995 Crown Vic. I was wondering how to hook up the emergancy brake cable?? Did you use the Crown Vic cables or did you modify your jeep cables?? This is on a 1990 Comanche.

I have spent several hours searching and it seems most people do the disk conversion but do not worry about e-brake, this is not an option for me, I have to have the e-brake.

Thanks

I used newer Grand Cherokee e-brake cables for my 8.8 swap. I wonder if they would work for you??

I grabbed the cables and the mounting bracket off the ZJ and used a threaded rod from the hardware store to be able to use the cable coming through the floor of my XJ and hook it up to the ZJ cables all held in place by the ZJ mounting bracket.

PM me if you need a better description or pictures. It's actually a pretty easy mod and it is cheap as well as reliable.

I think I read someone used some E brake parts from summit racing for an explorer and did a few mods. I do not have 1st hand info if it works, but might be something to look into.

I never put an Ebrake back on!! I was planning on just wrapping the stock cable ends around the lever arm and using Uclamps to clamp them on there....but I really don't need an Ebrake.

go buy yourself 2 ebrake cables from a KJ (Liberty). They are plenty long and hook right up without using those clevis's from Lokar

Back