• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tomorrow, it starts (91 2dr)

ogilviexj

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to the local pich n pull to try and get some upgrades for my 91 2dr. First on the list is seats! I know I have the absolute worst Jeep to try and swap seats for, but I will post my progress if there is any.

Tests will include.
Explorers
Jimmys
MiniVans of all shapes and sizes.
Big ol' sedans like Intrepids, Concords, Impalas etc.

Should be fun.
Also looking to find some leafs.
We'll see what kind of weird hybrid stuff I come up with
:spam:.:repair:

I'm realy happy with my seats. They are out of a 87 Plymouth Horizon I had. I used some channel to addapt the stock XJ slides to the Horizon seats. and massaged the trans tunnel on the driver side floor next to the console. Very cheap and very comfortsble for a taller guy.

IMG_1582.jpg

So, I found out an important thing today. My local PnP has little to no good seats :)

Although I almost had a set of 2000 neon seats, a little stiff but not bad. Eagle talon had some potential but the leather was ripped up.

most minivans are too wide and tall for the xj, but next weekend, I'll be back at it with pictures!

just my opinion but.

stick with Chrysler for seats. Other than maybe newer import seats Chrysler seats have always been the most comfortable.

my sisters old 88 lebaron had seats that were so friggin comfy. I would nod off even when I was drivin it. Tilt head rests, good support, not sure about width, but dang, I should snagged them when they junked it.

wannajeep said:
I'm realy happy with my seats. They are out of a 87 Plymouth Horizon I had. I used some channel to addapt the stock XJ slides to the Horizon seats. and massaged the trans tunnel on the driver side floor next to the console. Very cheap and very comfortsble for a taller guy.

IMG_1582.jpg
wow, get some seat covers on those.

Heres a pic of a guy that installed some talon seats in his mitsu truck. They fold forward, so I am looking to see if that would work. They also come in leather.

Seats.JPG

that actually look pretty comfy and since they fold forward its even better. Plus the bolsters look like they would hold you in pretty good. Just got to figure out the mounting..

if you know how to weld or have a buddy that does, you can put just about any kind of seat on those rails.

Hellbilly adapted some 96ZJ seats to my 94xj with the old stupid brackets.

with the help of a buddy with a welder, and a little masssaging to the drivers side tranny hump we put seats from an acura in to my 91 2door. they flip forward and recline almost flat. i could sleep in it if i had to.

I ended up going with Grand Cherokee seats. The seats are hella comfy, and they bolt right up to the XJ brackets. I lost the power option, but they still work just as fine with the manual slide. And, I was able to install the front and back for a matched set.

010.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

The XJ Limiteds have nice leather power seats. That's what came in mine. :) They look pretty much like those grand seats.

I have been looking at every JY in the area for an XJ limited so I can swipe the power seat bases. That would make it so I could hook up the power on the Grand seats. Still looking with no luck though...LOL

Back